How to put colors together in your living space in 5 steps!
Do you need help putting colors together or are you looking for ways to use color to revamp your living spaces? Over the next few weeks we will be showing you, with the assistance of Benjamin Moore, how to choose colors for your new redesigned space. Benjamin Moore is our paint of choice. We have used just so many brands but find only the best performance and quality in Ben Moore products. Lawlor Family Painting highly recommends using Ben Moore for your next painting project!
Week 1: 5 steps to Getting Started
1. Create a list of the key elements that will remain in the room - sofa, rug, flooring.
2. Determine your budget. Consider which changes will have the most impact for the money, such as paint, slipcovers, and fresh accessories.
3. Think about the room's purpose and how you'd like to feel in it.
4. Determine your personal color preferences. Which color family do you naturally gravitate toward - warms, cools, or neutrals?
5. Collect color and fabric swatches and images from magazines and websites. Gather ideas from your favorite vacation spots, flowers, trees - anything that inspires you.
Next time we'll show you how to create a color palette from these 5 steps.
You can read the full brochure here on Benjamin Moore's site: http://media.benjaminmoore.com/WebServices/prod/ColorCards2012/colorlanguage/index.html